We would like to invite papers examining topics from across the journal’s scope for submission.
Digital Games in Education is an open access peer reviewed international journal. The publication costs are covered by the journal, so authors do not need to pay an article-processing charge. There are no submission fees, publication fees or page charges for this journal.
This journal publishes theoretical perspectives, methodological developments and high quality empirical research that demonstrate whether and how applications of instructional/educational digital games lead to improvements in formal and non-formal education at all levels, from early years through to higher, technical and vocational education, professional development and corporate training.
This journal publishes research employing a variety of qualitative and/or quantitative methods and/or mixed approaches. Empirical articles are expected to report on significant research studies. These may report qualitative, quantitative or mixed methods studies and need to be of a high scholarly quality. Empirical articles need to include: a clear methodology (including information on sampling and analytical process); substantive evidence of research outputs, outcomes and impacts (e.g. of the interventions trialled, applied, or adopted). Theoretical, methodological and review articles should be critical, present a novel perspective and make an original contribution. Review and survey articles that show scholarly depth, breadth and richness are particularly welcome.
Articles may include such subjects as:
– Educational applications of digital games;
– Educational applications of gamification in digital environments;
– Design, development and application of educational digital games;
– Innovation in educational digital games;
– Digital games and gamification application in open, distance, blended and flipped learning;
– Monitoring and quality assurance;
– Formative and summative assessment in digital games;
– Cost effectiveness.